I’m always looking to make delicious snacks healthier. Browsing the internet for banana muffins, I noticed the majority of the recipes had a lot of oil (like a lot a lot) so I thought, why not replace some of the oil with greek yogurt? It will give me the same effect as oil in terms of keeping the muffins moist while eliminating unhealthy fats. So I put together this recipe and it was a winner! I make mini muffins so they are perfect bit sized for Nicky. I hope you like them :)
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium bananas
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain greek yogurt
- 3oz honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Handful chocolate chips
- Handful chopped walnuts
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Put bananas, yogurt, honey, egg, vanilla and oil using in a blender and mix on high until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend well.
- Slowly add in chocolate chips and chopped walnuts (Nicky’s favorite part)
- Spray the muffin trey with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the batter evenly to the muffin trey (fill each container about half way)
- Cook for about 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
Cool for about 15 minutes. They are most delicious when they are warm!
This recipe makes 24 mini muffins or 12 regular size muffins. If you have a nut allergy, skip the walnuts. Please share your final products with me by using the hashtag #mothercouldmuffins